I have to say 2011 went by way too quick for me! Seems like just a few days ago the boys turned 2 years old and now in just 2 short months they will be having their 3rd Birthday.
So how did your year go? I know some years can be full of one challenge after another. For us this year seemed like one where we were able to breathe a lot easier in terms of overall life.
We’re still learning how to be a mostly one income family- it’s got it’s definite challenges.
Here are a few things that have happened in 2011- just to note these things are good things & some areas I realize I need to grow in:
1. Our boys turned 2 years old- it’s always great to celebrate another year making it as parents of twins.
2. Aaron’s job has been a great blessing financially and he’s been able to take on a new role in his company’s research and development department.
3. My in-laws came to visit us from Arkansas and were here for about a month. So fun to see them and spend time with them!
4. I started doing Blog Designs and have truly enjoyed the creative outlet.
5. Made some new friends through blogging! I love being able to connect with awesome women who are encouraging and real.
6. Realize I really need to take time to invest in relationships with current friends and build new ones- this has been a hard one for me I’ve isolated myself to some degree (this is a whole other post I could write!).
7. More thankful than ever for family especially my parents!
8. Feel like I really slacked in my relationship with God this year. I hate admitting that but it’s real and it’s what has happened.
9. Got my husband to try cooking more meals on his own- Yay for pasta dishes!
10. Love the joy my husband expresses when he’s able to play our piano and compose songs that are meaningful.
11. The boys started speech therapy in September- learning and improving but we are still waiting for breakthrough in their expressive speech. This one has been the hardest one for us this year. Trusting God but still wishing this breakthrough would come already.
Well there it is…a quick and real summary of the year. I so look forward to 2012 and all that God has for us and for you. My hearts clings to the verse in Romans 8:28 that says:
“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”
Happy New Year Friends!