Life gets busy and we get preoccupied with things, to-do lists, and life in general. Yet, there is always a sweet still small voice that calls out to us to
“Come, sit and rest.”
Do you ever hear it?
Can you hear it?
Being mom, wife, aspiring creative entrepreneur I tend to let those pursuits over take me and it becomes easier to continue running on empty. I love being a mom. I adore my hubby. I love expressing my creative side.
Yet… there are days I feel empty. Unbalanced. Overwhelmed. Unsatisfied.
Then I hear a song or read a verse in my bible that reminds me to “Come, sit and rest” at the feet of Jesus.
I’m a better mom, wife and over all human being when I allow my heart and life to rest at His feet. I am better equipped to handle daily challenges as I sit and allow His perspective to take over my heart, mind and emotions.
When I sit at His feet I have greater peace, my life is centered and my hope is rejuvenated.
“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
I don’t know about you but I need some help when it comes to making this a part of my daily routine. Admittedly there are days I don’t get that time to sit at Jesus feet. Totally my choice because I allow other things and people to take precedence. Here are some things I have to come to the realization and that help me focus on and sit at His feet:
- Some days I just have to carve out that time with Jesus, even if my schedule is crazy. Why is that? Well, I can get pretty out of control when I let my emotions lead me and not Jesus. Nuf’ said!
- I have to make it the first thing I do in the morning. Yes even before social media, which is my biggest weakness and time suck. Social media is my Achilles heel- just ask my husband!
- If you have the the tendency to fall asleep when you sit and rest at Jesus feet like me (come on, I know you’ve done it!), get up on your feet and walk it out while you pray. I actually get energized when I walk around my house and pray. I’ll go in each room and pray over the kids, hubby, family, friends, church, etc…
- Read your bible. Pick one verse that you can think on, read out loud and apply to your life for that day. Ask God to show you how to live that out, love it out and be an instrument of His love to others. A devotional is another great way to you keyed in.
- Write out scripture that inspires you. Tape it on your wall, your mirror or make it your screen saver. Let God’s word encourage you throughout the day.
- Put on some worship music that will get your heart focused and eyes toward God and His goodness. Sing along and just let God’s presence come and encourage you.
I know you know these things I just mentioned but I know there are times we just need to be reminded and encouraged to do it.
Maybe right now is a time you just need to Come to Jesus, sit and rest. Do it for yourself and see how God blesses you friend!